Open to everyone on campus, our MakerLab is a radically inclusive community, access to emerging technologies and an innovative culture of learning.
Please note that due to construction this summer the open hours are subject to change.
Second Floor of Albertsons Library in the College of Innovation and Design
Stop by during open hours.
Pick tools to learn. Anyone and everyone can learn to use the emerging technologies, regardless of major, or background, or experience. Choose from 3D printing, soldering, dremel, sewing machines, microphones, cameras, and video cameras, arduino, or anything we have – see the full equipment list
You are a maker. Share your projects, and stay informed, on Slack. Reserve time using the resource management system.
Request Instruction or Workshop
- The makerspace is all about people. We hope you’ll find a home in the makerspace. When you walk in, take a look at the wall of personas and look for someone with the expertise or connections that you’re looking for!
- Sign in to the makerspace Slack channel with your @u.boisestate.edu or @boisestate.edu address and start connecting
- Review safety policies and standard operating procedures in addition to taking a training session.
- Read the manual for the software Cura for LulzBot
- Fill out the waiver for adults or fill out the waiver for minors.
Want to get more involved?
- Learn about the club that steers the space – the Creative Technologies Association (CTA).
- Consider enrolling in the Make It VIP course – review the Make It VIP Syllabus.
- Become a makerspace coach
Boise State University is a proud member of the MakeSchools Alliance. The MakeSchools Alliance is a shared knowledge base and higher education community that catalogs and shares the value and impact of maker culture in universities around the nation. View Boise State University’s profile.