Cura is the free open source software we use to slice and run the LulzBots. You can download this software to estimate how long your print will take to complete.
Free 3D modeling software
- Tinkercad a browser-based 3D design platform just for beginners, now part of Autodesk. Short introductory video to some of the basic tools.
- Fusion 360 a powerful 3D CAD, CAM, and CAE tool from Autodesk.
- Blender is a powerful, free, and open source 3D animation suite you can use for 3D models. Enable the 3D Printing Toolbox. It is installed on all Library Lab computers.
- Inventor Professional is 3D CAD software with easy-to-use tools that is free for students to download onto their personal computers.
- ReCap Pro is a reality capture software to convert reality into a 3D model or 2D drawing that’s ready for further design.
- FreeCAD is a general purpose feature-based, parametric 3D modeler for CAD, MCAD, CAx, CAE and PLM, aimed directly at mechanical engineering and product design
- OpenSCAD is software for creating solid 3D CAD models, with a focus on the CAD part, so is good to use if you are planning to create 3D models of machine parts.
Free 3 modeling related software
netfabb Basic is a free tool you can use to check your design for manifold and apply basic repairs. Learn how to use netfabb to cut your model into parts.