The Albertsons Library desires to offer the Boise State University community access to emerging technologies such as 3D printers to inspire interest in design and help students bring their creations to life. This policy establishes how and under what circumstances the Boise State University community may use the Library’s 3D printer.
Albertsons Library 3D Printer Policy 3-10-2016
The Library’s 3D Printer is available to Boise State University students, faculty, and staff.
- The Library’s 3D printer may be used only for lawful purposes. No one will be permitted to use the Library’s 3D printer to create material that:
- Is not in compliance with Boise State’s Policy 8000 on Acceptable Use of Information Technology;
- Violates the Student Code of Conduct Boise State Policy 2020;
- Is obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Library environment;
- Is in violation of another’s intellectual property rights including copyright, patent, and/or trademark protections with respect to fair use and other legal exceptions.
- Boise State University students, staff, and faculty are able to use the 3D printers in a self-service model after undergoing an introductory one hour training.
- 3D printers may only run during library open hours, and must be shut down a half hour prior to closing.
- Not complying with the policy can restrict your access to the 3D printers.
The service model will be iterated based on requests. The library will offer workshops on an introduction to what 3D printing is and how to get started.